Employment at CTA
Cancer Trials Australia (CTA) is a member-based, not-for-profit organisation whose vision is to be an international leader in clinical trials, playing a pivotal role in developing new therapies and the advancement of patient care.
Our mission is to be the clinical partner of choice, for members, industry, research organisations and patients, to provide excellence in clinical trials thereby contributing to Australia’s developing knowledge and innovation economy.
This will be achieved by:
- Creating a quality clinical trial framework that delivers competitive advantage to members and sponsors;
- Attracting and advocating for clinical trials to be hosted in Australia, specifically within member organisations;
- Ensuring that every trial has the potential to improve patient care and to build clinical knowledge;
- Striving to ensure every clinical trial is conducted to the highest ethical and clinical standard; and
- Advancing the acquisition and sharing of knowledge in clinical trial management, design and implementation across the member network.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer and provides the additional benefits of 5 weeks annual leave per annum, access to attractive salary packaging arrangements and a friendly and supportive work environment. Several of our staff are located at member sites.
Our job vacancies are advertised on Seek, as required, from time to time. To search for an existing vacancy, please click on the following link http://www.seek.com.au or refer below for current vacancies.
For additional information about working at CTA, please contact us at [email protected]
Clinical Trials Budget & Contracts Specialist
Located in the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) building in Parkville, Cancer Trials Australia (CTA) is a member-based, not-for-profit organisation that has provided a comprehensive clinical trials administrative service for its clinical members for over 15 years.
Due to continued growth within our organisation, we are seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to join our Clinical Trials Budget and Contracts team, in a full-time role that is responsible for:
- Preparing and negotiating budgets, contracts, and related documents on behalf of nominated member sites;
- Reviewing contracts for completeness and accuracy, and ensuring that corrections are appropriately made and documented;
- Creating and maintaining document status reports and updating key stakeholders on a regular basis;
- Supporting the maintenance of contract templates and site-specific files and databases; and
- Keeping internal and external stakeholders aware of all contract statuses or pending issues.
An attractive remuneration package is available to the successful candidate, under a 2- year, fixed-term contract with the possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 12 months’ clinical research experience gained in a clinical trials administrative role;
- Demonstrated experience in setting up budgets in a professional setting will be highly regarded;
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook); and
- An aptitude for learning new IT software, especially databases.
- Competitive salary including provision for appropriate professional development
- Generous salary packaging provisions
- 5 weeks annual leave
For more information about this role or to obtain a copy of the position description, please email [email protected]
CTA is an equal opportunity employer and this position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa. The successful applicant will also be required to supply a current National Police Clearance.
To submit an application, please go to the Seek advertisement here, click on the ‘Apply for this job’ button and include a cover letter that addresses all of the essential requirements listed above, along with your curriculum vitae. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: Friday 6th March 2020
Clinical Trials Ethics Submission Specialist
- Ready for your next step in a clinical trials administration role?
- Want to gain in-depth experience in the expanding clinical trial sector?
- This full-time (NB. part-time is also an option), fixed-term, 12-month contract role could be what you’re after
Located in the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) Building in Parkville, Cancer Trials Australia (CTA) is a member-based, not-for-profit organisation that provides a comprehensive clinical trial administrative service for single and multi-site trials for its clinical members located in several states.
Due to business growth, a vacancy has arisen for a full-time Ethics Submission Specialist, working at CTA’s offices in Parkville and at member site(s) in inner-city Melbourne. This role is responsible for preparing and coordinating clinical trial ethics & governance submissions and liaising with stakeholders to gain Human Research Ethics Committee and Research Governance approval for oncology and non-oncology clinical trials.
Working in a friendly and supportive environment, this role provides an excellent opportunity to gain highly sought-after and in-depth experience in the administration and operation of clinical trials. The option to undertake this role part-time is also available and requests for such will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- A tertiary qualification in science, pharmacology or related field
- Demonstrated experience in IT skills, particularly in the use of MS packages such as Word and Excel
- An ability to quickly develop & maintain a high standard of professional relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed organisational and time-management skills
- An ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines
- An ability to actively participate and contribute to both internal and client-based teams
- Experience in a customer service-type and/or office/clinical trial administration-type role(s), would be highly regarded
CTA is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package, in line with their skills and experience, including:
- Base salary plus superannuation;
- Generous salary packaging provisions;
- Opportunities for professional development; and
- 5 weeks annual leave.
For more information about this role or to obtain the associated position description, please email [email protected]
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa. The successful applicant will also be required to supply a current National Police Clearance.
Previous unsuccessful applicants and applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
To apply for this position, please go to the Seek advertisement here, click on the ‘Apply for this job’ button and include a cover letter that addresses all of the essential requirements listed above, along with your curriculum vitae.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.